warm December

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

heard on our UTV news last night that we have just had the mildest December in 150 years. little wonder plants dont know what they are supposed to be doing at this time of year. yesterday I passed a garden with a huge Rhododendron in full bloom.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

We had a warm December 2 years ago, right now it is snowy and -23 C here...

-23! HA! it's +10 here

but this time last year was different. as the day progressed it got colder and colder until it hit -10 or -12. I was in Belfast's city centre at the UK's largest outdoor dance, as in techno, event. was it cold!!?

Poor you, you don't even have any snow? I hope there are lots of clouds tonight and rain so you don't see any fireworks, hahahah x)

Yesterday it was -18 C and wind from the North, made it feel like -29 C. I was in Helsinki, wasn't really nice though. Ehm.

what is snow?! we rarely get snow these days ans when it does it is usually at the wrong time of year like April for the last 3 years. when I was awee boy we had snow every winter but not now. people place bets now to win money if it snows. even one flake falling on the weather centre counts as snow.

please keep the chilling winds up your way :-)

Global warmin, global warming... Don't come up here when it gets too hot there ;) ROFL

if we get too hot you'll get no snow.

That would be horrible - A wet black Christmas and everything. And no ice lanterns! :/

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Hi Mark and Evert,

I do not want you to feel envious, but I'm just out of a friend's swimmingpool. We must have some 29-30ºC. I know it sounds great to you, but on the other hand I have always dreamed of spending Christmas in the northern hemisphere, with snow, etc.

Mark, my H. Geraniums are just great. Some are already blooming (G. pyrenaicum Album, G. p. Bill Wallis, G. p. Ispartha, G. bohemicum, G. pratense Striatum, G. suzuki and G. thunbergii). Many of my lants procede from the seeds you sent me. These beautiful flowers make me even more H.G.-addict!

We are still 5 hours from New Year, but I will you both and all D's.Gardeners a wonderful 2003 and a great gardening season!

Greetings from Chile,

Ursula

Well, I was just in sauna in 110 C, what do you say to that? Much warmer than lousy 30 C. Hehehhahah ROFL ok bad joke..

Biel, Switzerland(Zone 7a)

No snow here,but still 6°c at 3a.m.It will go up to 12°c on Thursday,so I think global warming is here to stay.That sauna sounds nice,though Evert,lol.Happy New year,by the way.
Gwist

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.