Love is in the Air

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

and on the ground. I'd imagine these Gulf Fritillaries were happy to see me go away!

Thumbnail by Floridian
Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

Great photo! I'm getting really jealous, it's been over a month since I saw a butterfly here.
Is that the spanish needle they are sitting on? If so I don't think I will plant it. The seeds are just too annoying.
Did you take the photo just with the zoom? I can't imagine they would let you get close enough to use macro.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL I sure don't suggest planting Spanish Needles...because one would soon be one hundred! I just happen to have them everywhere including my big mulch pile. Some I just let grow til they start looking ratty then I pull them, I really love all the critters that love this plant.
This picture was possibly taken in macro mode but from about 5 feet. I've been playing with macro a lot lately and was when I spotted these two.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

I have mixed feelings on spanish needle. Lots of pollinators love it. I actually put it in my yard on purpose if you can believe it. I started out with one plant, and now have about 6. I just pull up what I don't want and trim off the seed heads. It's not out of hand--at least not yet.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.