1941 quilt pieces

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi: I need some advice. A retiring friend gave me a lot of these quilt squares that her aunt pieced in 1941. I decided that we could assemble them and quilt it at the Senior Citizens Mealsite where I work. We would raffle it off and use the proceeds for field trips. However, I fell at work, injured my back, and after a time, found I had to resign. I was given the quilt pieces to finish which I am doing. But I am a bit concerned about quilting it. I do not have a rack nor room for one. Can this be lap quilted after the top is completely assembled? What kind of pattern do you recommend? The borders for each piece and the whole top are bright yellow/gold as there are many yellow and gold in the pieces. Some are darker than this and others are lighter. I don't know if I am making myself clear, but my concern is trying to lap-quilt it without areas "bunching."

Thumbnail by woodspirit1
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!