Free heirloom seeds to offer

Ivinghoe Beds, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Do you have rare and/or heirloom beans or peas to share?

Many thanks to the dozens of members of Dave's Garden who sent me heirloom legumes in 2002 - from Coon beans to whipporwhil peas. I grew out all those 70-plus varieties in my UK paddock, outdoors in zone 8A and almost all grew well (crowders apart). I'm now sharing the produce with 500+ Village Guild members in seven nations.

It means the geneplasm of those rare plants is now further protected. Thank you!

If you haven't by now received from me, the seeds you requested in return, let me know!

In 2003, I plan to focus on heirloom legumes from all over the world. Please help!

I will grow them out, and freely share the produce with the folk who donated me seed. So US growers can get eg. a bean from Switzerland unknown in the US, and European growers can get rare beans from the US. Or Australia. Or Latvia...

(Don't worry unduly about seed imports being restricted by phytosanitation laws. See helpful discussions on it, in other threads here.)

Yay, I also grew out 60+ different heirloom tomato cultivars in 2002, from seed supplied from Dave's Garden members - but that's another story!

May I ask your help?

If you have heirloom and/or rare legumes, tell me. I will happily trade them at once for seeds of the 60+ heirloom tomato and other cultivars I grew this year.

Please don't ask to see my 'Trade List.'. I just can't understand the mechanics of it! Instead, please e-mail me what you've got - and I'll e-mail you what I've got. Much less work for everyone...

I'll grow on your seeds. Next Fall, I'll tell you then what I grew out from other participants - and that you can freely have. So everyone can benefit.

Sound interesting? If you have unusual legume seeds to spare, and would like a bounty of free seed - now and next year, e-mail me!

I thank you from the tips of my wellies.

JOHN YEOMAN
The Village Guild

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.