Leaf Hopper

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

This little critter is about a half inch long.

Thumbnail by Floridian
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Cool shot! It's amazing how far those things can hop, isn't it? I had a heck of a time catching one that had come in the house on a schefflera once.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

You know, I don't know that I've ever seen one hop. This one sat still while I got a couple shots then I looked again and it was gone. I've just always thought the things that jump away were our little green grasshoppers..

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

That is an amazing little critter. Don't know that I ever saw one or noticed one.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Maybe it's a good thing you haven't seen any! LOL They do quite a bit of damage and spread disease, mostly viruses.
Hey, did you get the FF Insects bok for Christmas?? And a camera???

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Yes and no. Got FF butterflies, waterbirds, trees, insects, flowers, ordered others but ^&(**^% amazon didn't send. Will order them in a few weeks, why, because I like them! Wonderful photos but haven't had time to look at them all yet. THanks for telling me about them! My son is still here and I have been cooking which is a hobby I have given up except when I HAVE too. No camera yet. I am still reading and researching. Just not satisfied with what I see. I want it all for under $500. Not too much to ask.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Sam's Club had the Sony Mavica FD 100(??) for $338 last week...what a deal!
This guy is in FF Insects

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Just looked him up and I know there are tons of them out there. Now I know what to look for! What a great book.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Stacey, your pictures are truly amazing...I need to get me a job again so I can afford a new camera (or at least a new macro for my old camera!)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

What camera do you have, Butterflygardnr?

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a vintage 1970s Minolta Model SR-T101. It's all metal. Very solid, but it weighs a ton! My parents gave it to me a few years ago. My dad bought it from a professional photographer in the early 80s and I used it to learn about photography. My mom complained that I used up too much film and it cost a fortune to develop it. It still works great, though I need more lenses to increase it's usefulness. I can't do extreme closeups and the zoom lens I have has to weigh about 50 pounds. OK, maybe only 5 or 10 pounds.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Those oldies are fun. I learned how to shoot on an old Yashica 35mm a friend loaned me. It had three different telephoto/zoom lenses and a big flash unit. It weighed a ton, especially with the largest zoom on it...I can relate! When I was given a Minolta X-370 for high school graduation, it felt cheap and light by comparison, LOL. And now the digitals...Well, they weigh next to nothing, even the heaviest ones!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.