don't judge a book by it's cover

SEYMOUR, CT(Zone 6b)

i am not very ladylike be who you are.
i may not be the most feminine person you ever met, I refinish furniture for fun and now i landscape .i do all of my own lawn care and shovel my own snow. i also just bought an 85 year old man a new wedding band because he lost his at the elks club {where i work} & gave away 5 turkeys... SO YOU TELL ME WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE
this will be fun?

SEYMOUR, CT(Zone 6b)

SEE THAT IS JUST WHAT I THOUGHT, YOU CANT BE MASCULINE AND
FEMININE AT THE SAME TIME..... I GOT A FEW PEOPLE TO LOOK AT MY POSTING, BUT NO ONE RESPONDED. WELL HERE IS MY ANSWER
IM 4-'11.1/2 AND 98PDS, MARRIED FOR EIGHT YEARS WITH A SIX YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. AND A GREAT NEW LOVER FOR PLANTS

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Welcome to DG HollyMart!!!! I think alot of us were probably sleeping but my guess would have been 4-'11.1/2 AND 98PDS, MARRIED with one child!!!

So how did I do???????? hehe

What a nice thing to do with the old man who lost his wedding ring, I am sure he was forever greatfull!!!!!!

sue

Welcome to DG, Hollmart.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

WELCOME to DG,Lots to do here,Did I miss a Pic?LOL,I would have said 97 1/2lbs,see how I am,

Old Town (Gainesvill, FL(Zone 8a)

Welcome from FL :)

Katrina

Oh yea forgot to add you sound exactly like my mother in law

This message was edited Thursday, Dec 19th 10:00 AM

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

That's the best thing about DG-- here it doesn't matter what you look like.

We're more interested in what you have to SAY. :-)

Welcome!

Crossville, TN

Well put, indashade!! Welcome hollymart...and no, you didn't give us much time to answer...I was still sleeping. You will love it here...and I'm sure we will love you...what a great thing you did for the old gentleman

what is PDS

awww that was a real sweet thing to do

oh and as far as not being able to be masculine and feminne at the same time i have some drag queen friends that would disagree with you

if i am up beteween 2:11 and 3:15 in the morning it is cause the dog has to go out(or i do)

welcome to DG

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome. You see the bright side of life, smile a lot and enjoy life as it comes. You're tender hearted and find beauty in everyday things. (I am also unfeminine, I chop wood, shovel snow, make compost piles, drive a tractor, run a rototiller, ride horseback, hate to dress up, etc.) But this is not about me, it's about you. I guess except for the smile I didn't say what you look like. You wear no nonsense clothing, not what's in style, and have an easy to care for hairstyle and little or no makeup. Ok, how did I do?

Crossville, TN

Mary...you forgot to say how many lambs you helped deliver this past season....Mary had a little lamb...make that about 2,000! Jo

SEYMOUR, CT(Zone 6b)

hi to you all
im still very new to this site, it took me all this time to find this fourm again {its like being in a parking garage but on the wrong floor} well i just turned 41. my b-day was 24 minutes ago. and my daughter just saved our house from fire. i have electric candles in my windows and the one up stairs in my bed room got pulled down by our kittens and fell on a pair of sweat pants burned through them and was starting on the carpet, when my daughter got up to tell me
dear god. she is my hero

Indeed, she is a hero. What a warning to all of us about those electric candle lights, too -- will be a lot more careful with mine now. Happy birthday, Hollmart -- and what a truly memorable day this is, having just been saved from what could have been catastrophe!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Saw your post in the Christmas Tree Thread. Good looking tree & a great girl!
Welcome!
Where do you live? How big is your garden? DG world would like to know.
Happy Birthday,
Have a great day!
Bernie

SEYMOUR, CT(Zone 6b)

hi to all again
i live in ct. and i think im zone 5 or 6 but not sure all the books say something diffrent. how did you put that info on your threads ?, i tryed to be smart and go to my home pg but i seem to have found my self on that wrong floor in the garage again. ha-ha. i have a realy bad habit of realy going over board. i have a lot of gardens . one that is realy big it sits behind a retaining wall behind my pool. i think its about 36 feet long by 8 feet wide . then i did some landscaping along the back side of my yard under trees and such. i gave the guys at a farm where i went to buy 50 yards of mulch..... they made me call my husband at work to verify such a large amount.....ok..ok so it was only 50 feet
so any ways i got 10 yards .

Crossville, TN

Happy Birthday, Hollymart. Jo

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

DG member Iris lives in CT, too. Have you run across her here yet?

SEYMOUR, CT(Zone 6b)

gardenwife
how did you get your info on your page? and im in seymour wheres Iris from?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure where in CT she lives. You could e-mail her via her page, though: http://davesgarden.com/members/iris/

Which info are you speaking of, Hollmart? On my DG member page? To change yours, go to the sidebar on any page, where it says

About You:

Member Page
Change Password
Preferences
Subscription
Logout

and click the Preferences link. There, you'll see all sorts of ways to customize your DG experience. :)

This message was edited Friday, Dec 27th 10:00 PM

SEYMOUR, CT(Zone 6b)

thank you gardenwife

well i think im in now, have you ever ordered bulbs from brecks befor, well i did just this year i cant wait for spring. along with the normal things like jonquils , blue
grape hyacinths i also got firecracker flowers, drumstick alliums, mediterranean bells andcrown imperials and arum italicum . they all looked so kool i cant have tulips because of the deer all over the place, this winter is gonna
be way to long for me

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

No, I've never ordered from them, though I get their catalogs and drool all the same. :) We don't have very many spring bulbs planted other than the ones which where here from the house's original owner. I need to do more with bulbs, for the early spring is pretty empty in the old flower beds here. Next fall's to-do list. This fall's list never got finished, though...LOL

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Doesn't look like your picture uploaded. You might want to go back to your preferences page and upload another time.

SEYMOUR, CT(Zone 6b)

hi GW
IM NOW HAVING IT OUT WITH MY JOURNAL, I CANT SEEM TO GET MY BULBS TO GO TO THE RIGHT PLACE. I WILL GO BACK AND TRY MY PIC AGAIN THANKS

SEYMOUR, CT(Zone 6b)

HI GARDENWIFE
I THINK THE ONE I WAS TRYING TO UPLOAD WAS TO BIG SO I PUT ONE IN OF ME AND MY FIRE BUG

Crossville, TN

I went and looked at your picture...2 beauties!! Jo

Agreed!

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

Welcome Hollmart - At the beginning of thread - my guess was someone petite -- I live around the corner in Westchester, same zone. One thing I love about D.G. is that we all go a little overboard. :)

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Welcome Hollmart to DG.
A lot of GREAT people live here.

Where in CT is Seymour?
My son lives in Torrington.

Paul

cape may court house, NJ(Zone 6a)

Welcome Hollmart:
This is a fun place, it's an adventure for me every day.
Use to live in Winsted.
Paulgrow, I use to know Torrington very well.

If you want to laugh get into "Paper people"
That's a real crack up.

How's the snow there, yukkie isn't it.
I don't miss that at all
sandy

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Welcome Hollmart. Hope things are going well for you here now and that you have all that journal stuff figured out. I've been here for over a year, and never did figure it out. Of course, it would help if I would try. Hope you enjoy your time at Daves. Hope to see you posting all over the place.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Welcome!

SEYMOUR, CT(Zone 6b)

hi to everyone again,
well i think i have everything in order now , im so proud of my self i just did my very first trade with flowoxsgarden.
wow this is way kool. thank you all for all your help this truly is going to be great

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.