What a deal!

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

I'm into bargaining, like most of you are...and did it ever pay off today. I have been watching some hostas that arrived late in the season at our local Walmart (like watching them since October) to see when they might be marked down. Since this particular store is noted for trashing everything regardless of if it's a perennial or not, I knew I would have to catch them at just the right time.

I visited this store every week for two months. This week, I went three times before I got the answer I wanted.

You won't believe this, but I got 34 hostas (gallon size with at least 3 eyes each) for $5.00. No, not $5.00 each. I mean $5.00 for the whole bunch of them. They were originally priced at $4.50 a piece.

Of course, I prayed about it and I even called my husband at work and asked him to pray about it. Silly, perhaps to some of you, but I figure if God can part the Red Sea He can certainly handle a discount on plants. :)

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!