Bead ornament patterns/ideas for kids

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm planning to have my daughter's second grade class (7 & 8 year olds) make bead ornaments next week during their holiday party. I've got patterns for an icicle, a wreath with a candle, and a candy cane. Can anyone suggest other (easy/fast) designs?

I'm planning to let them choose from the various designs (I'll have several bags of beads for each design premeasured and ready to go), and depending on their speed and agility, they should be able to easily finish one, and possibly two within the allotted time (30-35 minutes.) There are also several moms who will be in the classroom, for anyone who needs a little extra help.

I'm going to use pipecleaners instead of wire, since I think it holds the beads more firmly in place. Any tips or other ideas are welcome!

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!