can feeding birds get out of hand?

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I wouldnt want this person's seed bill. There are 400+ Siskins coming to a garden in South Belfast. Along with them are about c30 Crossbills, c50 Redpolls and Goldfinches. The estate, Housing Executive, is near the edge of Belvoir (say it beaver) forest.

It has to be an amazing sight. I've made contact with a person who knows where it is to see if I can go

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Wow I get excited if I have 4 siskins, let alone 400! That's got to be worth a visit - wish I could go too :) I'd love to see it for the crossbills alone

As you say, the feed bill must be in orbit!

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

yes i bet it is a sight too! I once found a cornor of a stubble field that had been left from road contractors. It was snowing heavily. It wasnt a very big area only about 15 metres square and it was teeming with hundreds of chaffinches, bramblings, yellowhammers, tree sparrows, linnets, tits, partridges, redwings, just about every field bird you could think of all feeding away on the discarded grain. A truely unforgetable moment. I seem to recall it was my 18th birthday too !! :))

only this year!?

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Did you go to see these Mark?
If so, what was the experience like?

I havent had the time to go. I need to be at the guys house before 9am to see them arrive. I start work at 9.30am.

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

no it was last year MArk!!! :)))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.