Brand Spankin' Newbie

Madison, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi all,
I'm in Madison, WI and I've got a 5' x 5' corner of my livingroom devoted to an indoor container garden (herbs and flowers) complete with a 400Watt MH lighting system. I've also got a little seedling shelf in my kitchen with a warming mat and flourescent lights. A dear friend of mine turned me on to this site. So here I am. Currently, I've got about 48 different types of plants in a seedling bed right now (24 herbs/24 flowers), mostly all dwarfs or smaller plants (growing no higher than 18"). I just planted them about a week ago and they are starting to pop their little heads out. In the spring, I'm hoping to get a largish patio box to possibly plant some vegetables in. I'm also hoping to get some exotic carnivorous plants in the near future as well. So, that's me. It's nice to meet all of you.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Welcome to DG. Loads of fun!
Bernie

Hi, Nigellagal! Thank you for introducing yourself. This is a wonderful garden spot and I know you will love it. There are at least two very neat people here from Madison, and there might be more folks from Madison whom I haven't "met" in the forums yet. So glad you joined DG!

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Hiddy Ho Nigellagal,2days here an that 5x5 will be 10x10,Welcome and happy blooms!

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Welcome you will love it here.

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

Welcome Nigellagal!! Hope you enjoy yourself as you meet new friends in this warm community and share in the fun of gardening!!

Crossville, TN

Hi Nigellagal...I see you got here without my directions....(I saw her post in another thread and asked her to come here...but she already had!). Glad to have you in our Family. Jo

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Wonderful to meet you Nigellagal.

"eyes"

Thumbnail by eyesoftexas
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome! It sounds like you are already up to your neck in plants, but there is always room for more. you seem to be pretty well set up, except maybe for needing a bit more room. Don't we all?

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Welcome, Nigellagal. I also saw you post on a different thread earlier, and am looking forward to seeing you around :D Another indoor plant enthusiast! I have about 1000 that I try to care for, mostly in the type of setup you described. My hardest part is to keep my CAT from eating them.

You can find out who else is from your state by going to the Member List and clicking on whatever state you want info about.

BTW, I love your name: I grow nigella and just adore it for dried arrangements.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome from across the lake. glad to have you here!

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Welcome! Howse it goin' der up in da frozen tundra, eh? Ok, so maybe dat's a little furder to da nort. I was born and raised in WI :) Grab some cheese curds and jump right in. You'll really like this place--something for everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.