Daily Support, December 11, 2002

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Good luck, everyone. I'm approaching the third day of my juice fast and the hunger has almost gone away (the purpose of the fast wasn't to lose weight, but to cleanse my body - this is something I'll probably start doing monthly - once you pass the threshold, instead of feeling tired and hungry, you feel great).

I purchased some pure cranberry juice, YOWZA, it was tart - didn't have any sugar. I'll have to cut it with probably three parts water to one part juice at first. I should be done with the fast on Sunday night and will use Sunday as a day to basically plan and "REBUILD" the way I eat. Go back through some of the recipes here, the ideas, the encouragement. On a positive note, it helped me avoid a lot of "sweets" at work yesterday that I'd normally grab several times a day. I hope to develop some of the discipline and resolve of the fast into daily changes in my eating.

I've gotten quite a bit of encouragement from you folks. I know I tend to put my tail down between my legs and sulk when things don't go well, but I'm trying to truly stick it out and even admit when things aren't going well, something I rarely do in life.

Even if you don't have anything to say, just pop in and say Hi today so we all know you're still in the race even if this is slow going.

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!