my Goldfinches

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I suppose the shot should be better but you'll get the idea of what come to work everyday in flocks of 2 to 40+ to eat seed that is £1/lb they go through it fast.

Thumbnail by mark
Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

lovely - which reminds me I must get the feeding station built on my allotment. we get almost everything there.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Glad to see the camera up and running Mark! No holding you now I bet.

So have you got 2 of those special nyger feeders on the go there? They must get through A LOT of seed throughout the winter!

Have you got space at home for some feeders psilo? It's so nice to watch them while you're tucked up cosy indoors.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Hmm, I think coldfinches are what we call tikli in Finland. Not so common, at least in my area. What I knwo they like to eat thistle seeds?

That's right Evert.
We've been trying to decide what their call sounds like on tis thread http://davesgarden.com/t/368663/
Came up with tinkling. The Finnish name sounds along the same lines LOL
There's a picture of them feeding on natural seeds in my garden here http://davesgarden.com/t/367158/
:)

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I have 3 of the feeders.

on the ground below I feed Chaffinches, Greenfinches and Sparrows with sunflower seeds, peanut granules and parrakeet mix. I dont feed at the same time everyday but I would like to know who tips off the Starlings.

They seem to have extrasensory radar :) Put anything out and they appear from nowhere. But they are lovely cheeky chappies

I also feed black sunflower seed, feeder mix, peanuts, assorted bird cake (got some on special in lots of different varieties - berries, chilli 'sposed to not be liked by squirrels, apple, peanut etc) tit bells, if you pardon the expression, table mix, sultanas etc etc The garden gets a little crowded at times LOL

I also have got a squirrel for the first time GGGGRRRRRRRR!!
Wouldn't mind if it was a red one (would be over the moon)
It opens up the wire mesh peanut feeders! I'll have to invest in some squirrel proof ones now *^%$£*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.