CLOSED: Who can I trade seeds with?

Kittanning, PA

With all the laws and such, who CAN i trade with? What countries?
Can I trade with Sweden, Ireland, England, just to name a few...
LMK,
SYR

Enkoping, Sweden

yes you can trade with Sweden.If you have vegs please contact me

Roger

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

I think you can trade with almost everyone, but can we trade with you - it's another question. Not that we couldn't send seeds from here, but will they arrive there?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I've had several trades come from accross the pond with no problems. Plants are their big worry.

Kittanning, PA

Kewl! That's what I needed to know. Didn't want to get into any trouble over seeds..
Thanks Everyone
SYR

I've had a few packages go missing when I've sent them to the USA, luck of the draw!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I think I've had a 100% record when sending seeds internationally, and I've sent out quite a few packets. As far as I know, I've received all the seeds promised me, as well. I always use bubble wrap envelopes, and I double wrap the seeds in the packets so they don't rattle. For customs, I list 'collectibles', since that is true enough, I suppose. I collected them all!

I'd love to do some international trading with gardeners that grow in cooler climates. I'm always looking for new campanulas, lychnis, dianthus, aquilegia, etc. I've got lots of seeds packaged and ready to go, so if any one wants to trade, just email me and I'll send my tradelist.

Dayton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Weezingreens - I love your suggestion of labeling seeds collectables for postage purposes. I am about to return to England during the next 6 weeks as things haven't worked out here for me to stay here in USA. I would be willing to send out some seeds when I return. However, during the time of packing up here & finding a home etc. I will not have access to computer for awhile but will get in touch as soon as I am conected again.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Fringdweller: Thanks so much. Please do contact me when you are settled in. I hope the move goes smoothly for you.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

singleyellowrose36
Up tp now, I can trade with anybody that wants to trade with me.

I'm careful sending any seeds anyways...and my trades get to the addy they're been send to....

My "Photos inside" always have nice flowers and my "Birthdays Greeting" contains potential bouquets or fruist @ vegies gift Seeds are all potentialities!!!!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Question: I'm visiting the UK at the moment and have purchased packets of seeds from a garden centre here. I will be returning to the US next week. I've visited the APHIS website and been looking around DG for related information. Am I correct in thinking that it is okay to pack / ship most seeds from the UK to the US? What about vegetable seeds from commercial retailers such as T&M -- must the seeds be in a sealed foil packet? What if they're loose in the packet, does that matter?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Another Question: Related to my above question, are fava beans prohibited for import to the US? I purchased a small commercial packet of fava beans (vicia faba), but am concerned about whether they are legal or not; I do not have any APHIS permits.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I am not certain what your responsibilities are with seeds leaving UK. I would think it is US customs that should concern you. T&M have some sort of certification for shipping seeds, I believe. As for simple packets to take home, I have no idea. I don't think favas are restricted, but there may be some process that should be completed for importing any seeds. I'd google it.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Weezin, yes it is the US side that concerns me, but I don't want to be standing in the customs line when I find out about any restrictions. From what I've read on the APHIS site (APHIS is a part of USDA), I think that I should be okay.

As for the fava beans, the T&M US site does not appear to sell those in their US catalog...

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Aren't fava beans available in the US?

Coquitlam, BC

Hi, I live in the UK now after spending most of my adult life on the Washington/British Columbia border. I have a lot of my seeds shipped over from the US but I buy from UK sources too. I am happy to trade seeds with folks elsewhere if they are looking for anything particularly English.I have access to Italian seeds too. Please contact me if you are interested. I know how frustrating it can be to find a seed source then the company won't ship to you.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I've exchanged seeds with a friend in Finland. That country has some special requirements but we've managed to comply.

Yes, fava bean seed is available in the U.S. I'll plant the Guatamalan Purple variety that I got from Seeds of Change.

Tandil, Argentina(Zone 10b)

You can also trade with me! =)

Gloucester, MA

I live in The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts can you trade with me?

Gloucester, MA

Here is some of the seeds I have

Datura Stramonium aka Jimsonweed

Datura Metel

Morning Glory: Heavanly Blue, Pink Sausers, and Grandpa Otts

Opium Poppy

California Poppy

Mixed Coleus seeds

Black Oil Sunflower

Oat, Wheat, Canary, and Rye Grass

Buckwheat

Dandelion

Bittersweet Nightshade

Red Currants

Dog Rose

St. Johns wort

Basil: lemon and sweet

Pinto Beans

Navy Beans

Peas

Wild Buckwheat, Black Bindweed, Corn Bindweed, Climbing Bindweed

Eastern Black Nightshade

Ruby Red Corn

Indian corn: Gray and yellow, and a red kind

some Sweet Corn Hybrid

Calendula

and more. If there is nothing you want here ask what else I have.

Some of the things I want are:

Ethiopian Nightshade

Deadly Nightshade

Brugmansia

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Ephedra

Tamarillo aka Tree Tomato

Naranjilla

Solanum sessiliflorum aka Cocona

Black Nightshade

Solanum muricatum aka Pepino and Pepino Melon

Solanum centrale aka Australian Desert Raisin

Solanum aviculare aka Poroporo

Guarana

Miracle fruit

Ginseng

Motherwort

Neptunia lutea aka Yellow-Puff

Leonotis leonurus aka Wild Dagga

Respond on this forum or send me a d mail

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

singleyellowrose, be sure to see Tuinkabouter's list (Netherlands) begun Aug. 10 on this forum. Very impressive selection!

This message was edited Aug 18, 2007 9:51 AM

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I am looking for some seeds from the philippines in particular calabasa and kamias.

gieten, Netherlands

you can trade seeds with me
i live in the netherlands
tell me wath you have

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Here's the Aphis guide to which seeds you can import and which not:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/plants/manuals/ports/downloads/nursery_stock.pdf

BTW, why not take a look at my haves-list?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.