My Japanese maple

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

I really miss a yankee fall,but this tree always warms my heart. It's leaves are more red than Shirley's...different variety? Have not a clue as it was here when we bought this place.

Thumbnail by Ginger_H
Pine City, MN(Zone 4a)

Beautiful...looks like fall to me!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Gosh, you're late ;)

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Ginger,

Your maple tree is beau-ti-ful! Love that rich red Autumn color!!! The Japanese Maple that I entered in this forum is only about 5 years old. They get more magnificent & regal with time.

Are you sure yours is a Japanese Maple? There are lots of different varieties of Maples (Acer). Perhaps a Nursery in your area may be able to identify the species of Maple by some of its leaves and/or bark.

If you missed the "Yankee" fall foliage, you'll have to wait until next year to see their spectacular display. They are "chillin' out" and snow covered at the moment :~)

Shirley

This message was edited Saturday, Dec 7th 7:24 PM

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Shirley...the woman we bought the property from said it was a Jajanese maple,so that's what I'm going by. Good idea about a local nursery.

Jacksonville, NC(Zone 8b)

Anyone know about a "Dwarf Japanese Maple?" I bought one today,because I needed a smaller tree for the front of my house. I know nothing about them. Someone said not to plant it untill the weather is cooler. Do you sgree? Any info on this would help me.

Jacksonville, NC(Zone 8b)

Also, does anyone know about how many ft. per year they grow? I want to still be alive when mine gets really pretty.LOL
Thanks-Lynda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.