Hi y'all!

Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

I dont remember how I stumbled on to Dave's Garden but I'm glad I found it. I have been hanging out at Garden web, but this place already looks a lot better. I like how easy it is to add a photo to a post, and everybody here seems to be more easy going. I already started out at Brugs, and Hummers and Butterflies.

I have gardened on and off for years depending on where I lived. I'm sure I finally found the right property, so I'm planting like crazy. This time I'm going to be the one to enjoy the mature state of my efforts.

My main interest is butterflies. My goal is to have every GA native butterfly live in my garden. I collect nectar plants and will become more serious about growing lots of host plants next year.

I love Brugs, just discovered them last spring and can see another obsession coming on. Once I get in to a plant I have to have at least one of each kind.
I have lots of Daylilies but decided to not spend anymore money on them because of the rust problem. They are beautiful but I don't have time to run around and spray fungicide.
I love Camellias, have 10 to plant this weekend.
The list could go on and on.

I'm really bored right now, there has been 3 frost nights here and all the flowers and butterflies are gone. I wish it was spring already!

My name comes from the butterfly in the photo, that is the American Painted Lady

Thumbnail by Paintedlady

Oh, what a beautiful butterfly! You're a lady after my own heart, I love the fluttering creatures of the air. Welcome to DG -- it truly is a lovely, and loving, spot. Happy Thanksgiving, too!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Glad to meet you PaintedLady!! Happy Holiday!!

"eyes"

Thumbnail by eyesoftexas
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Welcome! Do you know the name of this one?

This message was edited Friday, Nov 29th 4:28 AM

Thumbnail by TwinLakesChef
Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

TwinLakeschef, I'm not that good when it comes to moths, but I'm going to call that one a Cecopia Moth

Crossville, TN

Hi Paintedlady! Welcome!! We have a lot of nice people on here from your neck of the woods...you will love this Garden! Jo

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Welcome Pintedlady.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Cecropia, TLC, Both nice photos ladies!

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

We have so many nice ones in the summer; was going to start photographing them all and this was the only one that got done; maybe next summer!
Thanks for the ID
a

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome Paintedlady

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Welcome Paintedlady ~ you have found a slice of heaven here on earth....The best gardening (..the BEST all around) site on the web.

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Welcome on DG Painted Lady!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Welcome from Ohio, Paintedlady! :)

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

hello from Canada, the Southwest Coast! Elaine

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome, have fun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.