BT works on SPAM

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

BT internet has now added a program which stops SPAM in it's tracks. I dont why we have to register first. Why cant they just add it without asking?

from getting 30+ unwanted emails everyday I'm down to

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Was that a 0 Mark - or just a blank??

I don't get spam - obviously noone thinks I'm worth the bother LOL, but I registered after you reminded me on another thread - might as well have their antivirus, though I have Norton too.

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I never get spam either Philomel. Why do you think that is?

Im down to only a few a day.

Psilo your day will come!

Email harvesters, a program, surf the net looking for web sites that have email addresses on them. eg all my web sites have my relevant email address on them as do yours so people can contact you. I will be adding NOSPAM into my online addresses to make them useless when harvested.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Well BT's antivirus doesn't work on trojans - my Norton's still catching those at an alarming rate. You remember - those messages that pop out from the side of my screen and made you jump Mark LOL?

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Mark that sounds like the protection you put on you telephone to stop salemen calling you. works a treat!!!
If I ever start getting them I will give them a try. Thanks :))

there's no unusual activity coming my way recently

Ivinghoe Beds, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Oh, please, someone tell me whereof to find that fabled BT resource! I get around 30 spam messages a day. Or used to.

Two quick-fixes are:

1. Go to the web site of your service provider. Usually, there's a way on their User Area to preview your e-mails before you download them. Then you can delete all iffy-looking e-mails, especially the ones with Attachments (therein viruses lurk).

I routinely delete all Attachments, even from addresses I 'know'. Unless I've been pre-alerted it's coming. I once got a virus from a program that looked up my Address Book, then mailed me a virus using a return address I knew.

2. Set your Outlook Express (or whatever) Message Rules to delete all e-mails with addresses specified by you. It works.

Problem is, you have to collate all those addresses first, to add them. Which means logging the iffy e-mail addresses at your ISP's User Area.

All said, you can't beat having a totally updated anti-virus program. And I mean, updated daily! McAffee stopped one horrid virus for me this week. Had I not updated my anti-virus patches, I would not have a computer now - to e-mail this to you!

you have to be with BT. are you? here is the link http://www.btopenworld.com/emailprotection/subscribe2/0,7576,,00.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.