looking for snail vine seeds

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

If anyone knows of a source to get these seeds I would really appreciate it, I have been searching the net for ages.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thompson and Morgan has them listed, but the picture they have with the listing is of the corkscrew vine. Phaseolus Caracalla is the snail vine and Vigna Caracalla is the corkscrew vine. They really are two different vines. I had both of them this year. The seeds are $6.49 for 4 seeds. You can get the plant from Logees and they are online. Dave sold the corkscrew vine last year here.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you for the information, I must have missed it in the catalog.

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Park's Seed has the [Vigna caracalla ] Snail vine listed in their 2003 book on page 3 and aon their web page at this URL...

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/commerce/command/ExecMacro/psProduct2.d2w/report?UNID=03413:21:30.369&itemnum=2088

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

yup....just received them from Parks! Elaine.........should be interesting!!!!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Elaine,

I had a few seeds from my vine and I gave them away in trades. I didn't have any info on how to plant them for my traders. Did your package tell how to plant them? I would love to know so I can tell them any info.

Thanks,
Donna

If planted outdoors, ....after soil has warmed in late spring, sow seeds where they are to be grown(very important!) Cover with soil about 4 times their thickness...Firm the soil and keep moist!.........Indoors, sow 2-3 weeks before last frost. Spread moist mix in a shallow container. Sow seeds in rows and cover lightly. Place in warm location(about 70-75 degrees F.), but out of direct sunlight! Bottom heat hastens germination..Keep moist. When 4 leaves develop, transplant into 2 1/4 " pots..harden off plants firstly before planting outdoors..there you go!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks Elaine, I appreciate the information.

Donna

you're welcome! E.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I just recieved the snail seeds in the mail from Park seeds.. Iam going to plant them in few weeks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.