Pelargonium delivery

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Today my order of 23 rooted pelargonium cuttings arrived - I haven't quite finished potting them up yet!
I decided to try something I can keep on the windowsills overwinter (and mine mostly have radiators under them).

There's a mixture of species ones, scented leaved, Uniques, stellars, miniatures and a couple of regals. Nearly all have scented leaves, mostly pleasant LOL
I'll let you know how they get on, can't wait for the first flowers!

Thumbnail by philomel

......and aren't the miniatures cute??

Thumbnail by philomel
Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

your windowsills will be a riot of colours!!

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

lovely lookin plants. who supplied them? can we see a list of what goodies you got?

ps I would be a little wary of having them above a radiators as they might might end up with damaged leaves. Pelargoniums just need to be frost free over the winter. My collection is still outside in the greenhouse but will have to come in soon. a very heavy frost hasnt happened yet and we are about to go into December.

psilo :)

mark, they came from the Vernon nursery http://www.geraniumsuk.com/, i've only just got in from the conf and am whacked - off again tomorrow. London traffic is the pits, it's taken 3+ hours to get home and i'm doing it all again tomorrow!!!
Anyway, i'll put up a list when i get a minute, but they reckon the miniatures actually like being over a radiator and will flower all year - we'll see........

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I am trying to overwinter my pelargoniums in a cool bedroom. I hope I have this figured out this year. I have one that I forgot to get the name of that has the rounded leaves and if I remember right it had chocolate in the name. The leaves are brown.
I am absolutely in love with the fancy leafed pelargoniums. My favorite is Vancouver Centennial. I was unable to keep it through the winter last winter, but this year I have placed it in the cooler bedroom window and it seems to be thriving. The greenhouse where I got said it is very temperamental to grow.
I am really liking the lighter variegated ones as well. The miniature one in your picture with the white in it's variegation is very nice.

Is the chocolate a zonal KathyJo? - i'll look through some catalogues and see if i can find it
The miniature is a new one called 'Excalibur' with single pink flowers.

BTW the Vernons site above doesn't completely tie up with their paper catalogue - I was told it needs updating - so there are plants there not on their list and vice versa.

I have put some of my plants in a cool bedroom and some over radiators, it'll be interesting to see how they all get on.

Sodwana Bay KZN, South Africa

Hi philomel,
Do you have a name for me on the one in the center front? I have this one as well. Unfortunately the dog ate the tag. It has just been flowering now.
I find it fascinating how the lower three petals seem to repeat the leaf shape!
maddy

Thumbnail by maddy
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I believe this is the Vancouver Centennial. My favorite. ------- so far

Hi maddy, mine is the stellar 'Golden Stardust' and has different flowers to yours - pink with splashes of red

I think KathyJo is right and yours is probably the classic stellar 'Vancouver Centennial'. Lovely

It's the birds that eat (or move) my labels LOL, hope it didn't give him (or her) indigestion!

Right here goes for that list:

Uniques:
Aurores, Mystery, Madam Nonin, Phyllis, Polka

Species/scented leaved:
P. odoratissimum, P. dichondraefolium, Welling, Orsett, Ashby, Little Gem, Islington Peppermint, Prince of Orange
(I already have 4 or 5 others)

Regals:
Marquis of Bute, Turkish Coffee

Miniatures:
Excalibur, Pebbles, Pink Ice, Red Ice, Sussex Gem

Stellars:
Bird Dancer, Queen Esther, Golden Stardust

I've found a nursery that lists some ginger scented leaved, so I'll have to have them! but they don't send out til the spring :(

Islington Peppermint, Prince of Orange

cool those 2 are on my list too!!

Well, you're v welcome to cuttings - I'll take some when the plants are bigger
I used to have Prince of Orange and loved it.

This wasn't my real wants list, but the nursery that has more sp ones doesn't send til the spring and I just couldn't wait LOL

Fibrex mail all year round

??????????????????????????
Not according to the catalogue I've got, they were the firm i was thinking of

I never told you!

cos I have a few things waiting to be sent when I get paid this weekend.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.