Never Noticed Ya'll

Marietta, GA(Zone 7a)

I've been hanging around here since September and wasn't aware I was supposed to introduce myself~!! I have been waiting for the welcome wagon and they never showed.... My name is Brad and I live in Marietta Georgia. I have only been gardening for a few years although I have been involved in landscaping for over 15. I am a home builder/remodeling contractor, married (sorry ladies), two beautiful girls 17 & 11. I like native plants and anything out of the ordinary. I have a small greenhouse where I have been perfecting my technique of planticide. I now know where not to plant almost everything that can be killed.(still haven't managed to kill a Cast Iron Plant yet, but give me time) My yard is mostly undeveloped sparsely populated(slippery and soggy, right now) red clay. I have four primary areas I try to grow in. Two are in shade and two are in more shade. (sun don't shine here much) I enjoy learning from all the members here at DG. So far members have helped me to solve quite a few of my problems, cept for that money shortage thing, and have all been extremely friendly. I am also a member at Gardenweb.com where I hang out in georgia gardening forum and new gardener forums. Haven't found a home here yet so I wander around a lot. I look foreward to meeting all 22,599 you in the next few months (well maybe that might take a little longer). So,,, Thanks for opening the door and letting me in. Here's an old pic, I have since cut my hair.

This message was edited Wednesday, Nov 20th 1:41 PM

Thumbnail by vroomp

Welcome, Vroomp, you are quite the handsome fellow (love that pic), LOL! Things are pretty casual here, no "welcome wagon" as such, but that's just because everyone is so welcome that we all blend in...does that make sense? At any rate, glad you're here!

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Welcome to the greatest garden on the web.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

fweeet fweeel..whadda handsome fellow! Welcome to DG!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I ditto what Lisa said...except your part is a little crooked!! hehe

Welcome, welcome.
Donna

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome! We are a friendly bunch. I think we need some sort of list of new people so we know when you come in. Sorry we missed you until you said "howdy". I think that happens a lot. What do you grow?

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Welcome on DG Vroomp. Ohhh... how handsome you are.. are you a moviestar? Saya

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Hey Vroooooooooom!! Awesome pic!! We're so glad you decided to join us here in the garden.

"eyes"

Thumbnail by eyesoftexas
Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Welcome, Vroomp!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Mercy! How uncanny! You're the spittin' image of my great grandfather's brother-in-law's sister! Wow! (Wonder if we're related?)

welcome to the famous Davesgarden...pull up a chair, sit a spell!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.