Bugbane. Cimicifuga

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

Besides Wayside which wants 20.00 for this plant, does anyone know of another source where I can order this?
Thanks for any help.
Diane

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

I got mine fom Jungs although they sent the wrong one they did give me credit and I kept the plant. Hope this helps

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

Sure does, thanks.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Agapanthus - if you can wait until spring I could send you a chunk. It's too late to dig here now.

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

you've got mail poppysue

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Is that the really tall plant with the big leaves and white blooms? If it is, can I get some too, in the spring?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

It doesn't have real big leaves but the plants get large - and the flowers are a white spike. They like a moist-woodsy type soil and partial to mostly shade. Here's a google search http://images.google.com/images?q=Cimicifuga&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search There's a couple of varieties with bronze or burgundy foliage but mine is the plain green. I rescued it from a constuction area a few years ago.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Yes, that's it and what I need for my shade yard. Can you save me a hunk too?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Okay... but you better remind me so I don't forget!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Sue, it looks like it gets about 5 ft. tall, do you know of a shorter variety??

"eyes"

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Some of the Cimicifuga simplex hybrids are shorter... 3 feet or so.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Cimicifuga racemosa was one of the plants available in the wildflower co-op - dormant roots are $.40 or $.50 each. In all probability I'll run the co-op again in late March/early April.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks Terry and Sue..........also you Diane for the link.

"eyes"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.