Mom's Greenhouse

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Building an addition to the side of her house. What I learn from this we will apply to building the same to mine. The deck 8x20 and wall frame is done.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Second Picture with walls, windows and roof

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Third picture Adding the siding.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Grandview, TX(Zone 7b)

Looks great Ted!
When you are done, you can just come down here and do one for me, for some added practice, right? LOL
TL

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Toadlily I got to do mine next HAHA. and its a 12x24 screened in porch now.

Grandview, TX(Zone 7b)

Rats. I guess I will just have to make do with the GH out back. Wish I had more room, it is awfully crowed in there. Who knew that a 10x40 would fill up so fast!!!
I know you are going to love it when it is done! Good luck, and you better get to it. Not long before the cold gets here :-)

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Forth picture: Finished outside except painting and cleaning up area.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Fifth picture: Inside first coat of paint.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Mason, MI

Looking good! :-)

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Sixth picture is getting a painting done on one wall.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Seventh Picture Murel and window trim completed. Lights, electric recp's and fan installed. Next comes the floor and the rest of the trim.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Grandview, TX(Zone 7b)

WOW you are really coming along nice with your project. Looks great!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow! Who painted the mural??

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

This is truly great! I am so impressed. The mural is delightful also. Reminds me of a R. Atkinson Fox print from the 20s and 30s. Very nice.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

A member of our church owed Mom 450.00 so she did the mural for the balance. (Sixth picture)Will take a picture of it today filled with plants.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Can't wait. it is gong to be so beautiful.

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

Very nice job! She will get much enjoyment from this room watching her plants grow.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

My Mother in front of the mural

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

The mural. Light is shining thru window to make the bright spot.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

WOW!!! Moms sure are special and I can see you agree. She sure looks comfy! What a great son you are. I just love what you did. A little spot of heaven. You have brugs right T.A.? If not, I sure would like to send your Mom a pretty one she could grow in there thru the winter. A sweet smelling one she could enjoy in the evening.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

From the bottom of my heart a warm thanks to all those who made this possible. All the plants you see are from you all. Every one at the Texas Roundup and those who sent me cuttings. My first shot at being a gardner. Will build one next year on my house to house my summer projects. My Mother wants to grow African Violets in there. Kell I know she would appreciate anything you send for her. You are sweet and kind hearted. Ted

This message was edited Thursday, Dec 5th 12:57 PM

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Ted, your mom looks lovely and so happy sitting in her new greenhouse. And the mural is a fitting addition to that room. I have an african violet that I can send your Mother, e-mail me her address.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks Pebble she turned 90 this year and is still able to do everything and is sharp as a tack. Hope she passed some on down to me.

HONEST

This message was edited Thursday, Dec 5th 3:08 PM

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

then you have something marked wrong ted, cause there's no way that lovely lady in that photo above is 90!!!

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Telling on my self now, I am 69 and that is me in the tree. My younger brothers would only do the ground work.

Photo missing. Will add.

This message was edited Thursday, Dec 5th 3:36 PM

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gosh, I go Christmas shopping and when I get back, you have built half a house. Great looking place.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

What a great looking project!,Your Mom looks like she is truly enjoying herself sitting in among all those great plants,Nice mural.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Sorry I thought I had posted the first picture. The trees were blocking the sun and overhanging the house. No one wanted to cut them down for fear of hitting the house. Climbed the trees and used a rope and chain saw to lower the branches to the ground. Mom watching me up in the tree and called my sister. Said she was worried about me . Sis said "well just dont watch him".

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I thought I saw you in third picture,by roof vent

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Must be a roll of tar paper.

My initals TAR

This message was edited Thursday, Dec 5th 3:59 PM

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

LOL

(Zone 7b)

That is a seriously gorgeous mural. I wish I had one! The whole thing is really impressive - good work!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Wow look so good and beautiful so happy to see her happy. =)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.