Another newbie here

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone I'm llilyfan and I paid my subscription yesterday because I needed to see more than the opening topic. I am finally able to spend some time on my yard and have a small (and pitiful) shade garden, a bed planted with 'lilies', and an iris bed for DH. My passion at the moment is lilies, I adore daylilies and true lilies, as a matter of fact if it has the name 'lily' in it somewhere and can grow in south central iowa I want it!!!

Hi, Llilyfan! Welcome to Dave's Garden. Shade gardens are lovely and so are lilies, they are favorites of mine, too. I just know you'll love it here.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome from fellow Newbee,This is great place to meet others with the gardening bug,Many happy Blooms!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome to dg....greatest place there is....I also have a shade garden, almost all of our property is shade...love it....Jump right in.....and share.....
Diana

Crossville, TN

Welcome Lilyfan...glad you told us where you were from...some are opting not to put their home state and town on thier names, but It sure helps us to know your area...more than just a zone. You are going to really like it here...such great people. Jo

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Welcome jump in and enjoy the fun.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome to davesgarden and we are glad your here! Jump right in and enjoy. My passion is IRIS,daylilies,lilies,coral bells,flowers, trees, plants and anything that will grow! ;] This is the BEST garden site on the net-have fun!

Thanks everyone for the hearty welcome. I just quit cleaning the horse barn and building a compost pile and now its time to relax and learn. I already feel like I'm in the family, so thanks again for the warm welcome.

New York City, NY(Zone 6b)

Welcome to Dave's slice of the web. You'll find the people here friendly, helpful and generous.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi llilyfan, welcome to our DG family. I look forward to reading your posts.

Donna from S. Calif.

Burwell, NE(Zone 4b)

Just wanted to add another welcome lilyfan from another rather newbie! This is a wonderful garden gatherin' place!

Thanks everyone! I think I'm hooked! Still have trouble remembering where I've been. I know,I just need MORE TIME in the forums. Looking forward to the time I have something great to post like all those pics I've been seeing. I'm going to try some hybridizing on my days and my true lilies this spring/summer hope it amounts to something.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Welcome from a fellow Iowan!

TLC

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Hi LLilyfan, a warm welcome on DG from me too. Saya (from Netherlands)

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

So happy you wanted to learn the rest of the story!!

"eyes"

Thumbnail by eyesoftexas
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome llilyfan. I'm glad you found us. I have horses too and love that free fertilizer they make. Check out the farm forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.