Anyone had Everdry waterproof their basement?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

My MIL is going to be moving in with us, and we're renovating part of the the basement and our garage into an apartment for her. There is a real moisture problem, however, and a lot of black mold. We know there are gutter drainage/grading issues, but the walls are also cracked and it's obvious that will continue to be a problem even if we were to seal from the inside; the water would have to go somewhere.

If it were just our wanting to make the basement better for storage, this wouldn't be as much of a concern for us. But we're talking about health issues here when you talk black mold, plus we don't want to have to end up tearing out the drywall and/or new subfloor because we didn't get a good job done on the basement.

Today we had an estimate done by EverDry (aka Ohio State Waterproofing, out of Cleveland). The salesman's estimate to us is pricey, but the system seems to make a lot of sense as opposed to those who just drill drainage holes instead of sealing the walls, or those who would completely excavate around our house and soley treat the outside.

I spoke to a member of our church whose name we saw on his list of past customers from our zip code, and she says she's never had any problems since she had this installed in 1986. We've been in her basement, and it is very dry and doesn't smell at all.

Have any of you had work done by EverDry? The salesman was very good; I know it's his job to make his company's methods appear superior. But still...

This thread has 52 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!