Red Kitchen

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

I was hoping someone would want to see my red kitchen pictures. I am so delighted with how it turned out. It is cheery and bright and delicious and very "me".

I am just so glad my DH enjoys bright, vibrant colors, as much as I do! Slowly but surely this house is becoming more and more our home. It's a fun process but I keep getting sidetracked. I have two special dinners coming up next week - one on the 20th and one on the 23rd and I have a LOT of stuff to do before then. Keep me in your prayers - for energy and stamina!

So... here are the pictures, the 60's kitchen that had spring green/turquoise walls (the original paint) are now "Hot House Tomato"... with a faux finish.

I'm in the process of gathering stuff to hang up, and intend once I learn my woodworking skills, to make interchangeable panels that will contain scriptures and some folk painting.

Meanwhile there are lots of things to hang. I've decided to collect hearts of all different types and use those around the cooking part of the kitchen...

You can see (which I didn't realize when I took the picture) the original color of the kitchen that is still in the hallway. The 1/2 bathroom is PINK!

Thumbnail by Janiejoy
This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!