Monitor heater??

the Lakes Region, NH(Zone 4b)

Hi everyone, Im new at this forum and have just put the dble poly on my new greenhouse. Next will be the doors to put on, but I have a chance to get a Monitor heater FREE. It has been used to heat a lg. OLD house. It can be set at any temp. My new greenhouse is 21 X 32. Could I use this until I get some money for a oil furnace? I beleive its about a 50000 btu. Its small and I can put the tank outside. Its runs on kerosine and is vented outdoors. It does not smell as we had one heating our cottage. It runs great in a house. thanks, Mosses

Mason, MI

Hi Mosses,
I've never tried heating with one of those...but,
if it's only temporary (until you get your other heater),
I guess I might just give it a try.
Give it a "test run" first,
(before you put any plants out there)
to see how warm it keeps the GH.
Good luck to you and welcome to DG!
OD :-)
P.S. And hey, no fair...
your GH is bigger than mine! LOL

the Lakes Region, NH(Zone 4b)

thanks Oscar. this is a first for me. I dont want to go thru what I did last April and May. We already had 5" of that WHITE STUFF last week. Today it went up to 58. Mosses

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

Welcome to DG mosses. Listen to Oscardotters advice and be sure to give it a test run before putting your plants out there.Check it on a cold night(coming soon up here) and see if the heat reaches both ends of the GH.If it throws off enough heat but just isn't reaching the further end you can always use a fan to circulate the heat.

(Zone 9b)

Go for it! I have one in my house and love it. Works great and is very cheap to run. I would have one in my GH if they didn't cost so much.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.