Our Indoor Wildlife Did a Baaaad Thing...

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Tearing my hair out, here.

Our cats *soaked* our mattress yesterday. OMG!! It was our fault, though; neither DH nor I remember doing it, but one of us must have closed the office closet's door, and that's where the litterbox is. It could even have been closed since the day before -- we don't know! The cats must have been ready to bust.

We've soaked the mattress with Sanzyme, an enzyme product, but it just reeks like cat pee in there. I can't stand it! I've got to take all our bedding to the laundromat; since our comforter won't fit in the home machine, I might as well take it all to the big washers.

Does anyone have product recommendations they KNOW will work for this mattress? I read that the enzyme products must be re-applied and kept wet for some time in order for the bacteria to eat away the urine.

One thing's for sure: we cannot afford to go out any buy a new king-size mattress & box springs! *sigh*

This message was edited Sunday, May 20th 12:09 PM

This message was edited Monday, May 21st 2:07 AM

This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!