daily support Nov 7

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Morning all. Hope you are well. Joann you are so right right. Attitude, mental and physical is everything. You have to want to lose weight. You cannot pressurize anyone into doing it. We cannot change the habits of a life time overnight. If you think she needs to lose weight I think you have to be more subtle about it. Let her see all the positive things about losing weight. But be subtle. Dont say 'If you lose weight....' let her see how good YOU feel, how good the food you eat is, how much confidence YOU have got. How you are looking forward to buying new clothes ( and will she come with you to help) things like that. Dietting is not all about suffering, but she has to see that it is helping you. Try not to worry she has to find her own motivation.

My diet is not going so well as maybe you have guessed, but I congratulate you all. I am still with you though and as soon as my depression lifts I will be back in the throes of it.

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!