Journal for October 27, 2002

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

a little late to start Journal but here goes.
I guess I always bring up the weather, but seems like that sets the stage for whatever you do that day as a farmer. Hubby and I were going to cut thorn trees and clean brush away from fence lines but a cool drizzle set in this morning so we got sidetracked.
My fence jumping heifer is at it again so this time she is fenced tightly in the corral. A neighbor knocked on our door at about 10:30 last night. She and another buddy of hers were in his yard. He chased them home. So that led to the lock down in the corral. My girls that are locked up are my very favorite. They were bottle calves so it would really be hard to sell them. my one heifer had left her calf way across the farm so a day of calling and calling him finally led him up next to the corral. he's an older calf, but was still glad to see Mom. This all led to Hubby and I finally going and picking up some of our big round bales. We had put a "new" hay spike on the back of our pick up and just hadn't picked up any of our hay. The wench and spike worked like a charm and my incarcerated cows enjoyed it thoroughly.
I called a cousin I hadn't talked to for some time. She was really glad to hear from me. Her Birthday is tomorrow. She sort of estranged herself from the family for awhile. Now seems like the girl I grew up with again. Think she has seen some hard times lately.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!