The house is shaking!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Woke up to really high winds this morning. It's gusting so strongly that the whole house is shaking - particularly upstairs. As i'm writing the monitor is wobbling in front of me.......
Last time i remember it being as bad as this was in the 'hurricane' of 1987.

Instead of the pouring rain i thought was forecast to go with it though, we have blue sky and sunshine.

It's already taken out a fence panel and, ironically, I was given a mini weather station, which i erected yesterday. Unfortunately it has a design fault as, if you use the two screws supplied to secure it it snags when the wind swings it round. One screw was not enough however and it was hanging sadly this morning. It says the wind is gusting to 60mph, basically from the SW - so you're sending it my way then Baa and sueone??

There won't be many leaves left on the trees after this.
Looks as if it's clouding over now, perhaps the rain is on its way. The photo doesn't really capture how wild it is, but the cypress is usually totally vertical.

Thumbnail by philomel

Forgot to mention the clocks - an extra hour whee hee.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

It has been very calm here... I hope you didn't loose any plants?

We could use some wind anwyay, I want those ugly uncoloured leaves off from the trees.

My plants seem safe so far thanks Evert, though sueone's been having fun http://davesgarden.com/t/365550/ :o

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.