Dahlia is last thing still blooming!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

This is my first year for Dahlia's and I really had no idea how pretty they were!!!
tiG gave me some this past spring and I am lovin them now!!
Thanks again tiG!!

Thumbnail by MOLLYBEE
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

these were from seed Molly, be sure and dig your tuber. I have lots of different colors from them, but not this one. So glad it did well for you!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

O Ok will do tiG! Thanks, for the reminder!! Or else I would have just let them lay there all winter!!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

My dahlias have still lots of blooms but not nearly as spectacular as early. I am really kind of anxious to clean up the field and dig tubers but we are waiting for a hard frost to kill all the foliage.

Mollybee, since you raised this one from seed, you can name it because it is a totally, genetically different plant than any other dahlia. For a seedling dahlia you have really got a nice one too.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

By the way, this looks like a waterlily type dahlia and what a great pink. I think the waterlily types are my favorite.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Lenjo,
So it's ok to let the frost kill the foilage first then dig the tubers?
I think this is my favorite too!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, that is actually preferred treatment for dahlias. Here in western Oregon most of the time the rain just blackens the foliage too before a hard frost.Sometimes dahlias will even winter over here in the ground but usually rain rots them.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the advice! I guess I will wait a little longer before I start to dig!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.