Black Dahlia

(Zone 5a)

I know it's not really black but pretty close.

Thumbnail by windsurffer
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Look nice/healthy

(Zone 5a)

Lovely indeed! You sure do have some beauties.

Little Falls, MN(Zone 4a)

I had one of those once...gorgeous...love black, dark flowers.

San Francisco, CA

Very nice.

(Zone 5a)

Thanks all :}

Tyke we do have a lot in common.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

We ought to start a thread of "black flowers"! This one reminds me of my black peony somniferum poppies!

(Zone 5a)

I would love to see them all.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Black Peony Poppy (somniferum) Somebody else have a black viola?

Thumbnail by Weezingreens
(Zone 5a)

Beautiful Weez, I am going to start a black garden so the Count will feel at ease when he visits lol, or should I say Blah, Blah.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Yes, a goth garden... I think Penny4 started a thread about that once... I'll have to look for it. Ah, yes, here's the website she link us to: http://www.widdershins.org/vol2iss8/o9704.htm

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

That is one dark dahlia and poppy. I am not sure if I like ,but it certainly unique. How about the black hollyhock and there is a pretty dark tulip too.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Yes, I've seen pics of the hollyhock, but I'm not sure of the tulip. The problem with dark flowers is that they get lost in the foliage, unless the foliage is quite light. Chocolate Salpiglossis work quite well with white lobelia in a hanging basket.

Thumbnail by Weezingreens
(Zone 5a)

I have black hollyhocks and I posted a picture of them here last month.

Weez those are very pretty.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Here's some black pansies Bug_girl posted: http://davesgarden.com/fp.php?pid=389670

(Zone 5a)

They are beautiful and nice photo BrugG.

San Francisco, CA

I wanted the blackest pansy, I could find, and the past black ones I planted were more of a dark purple. This one is black, but it is more diffuclt to grow then your average pansy. I posted some comments about that with the data base entry for the plant. I have also been trying to root the black moon pansy in water, but it is not growing any roots.

(Zone 5a)

Try and collect some seeds or just try some root cuttings.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.