daily support October 18

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Hi all. There is something that has been bothering me for ages. Why is it that people become so two faced when I go on a diet? have any of you experienced this scenario. When you start to lose weight and start to look better people always say how much better you are looking and who much being fat didnt suit you. 'well you did need to lose the weight didnt you' they say with that sanctimonious look on their face. Do they realise how hurtful that can be. My hobby horse for today is sensitivity. Be aware of peoples feelings when they are on a diet as they are like a pack of cards, easy to pull down. On the other foot however, if someone says this to you be aware that in a strange way they are trying to pay you a compliment!

Pebble my chicken recipe is so basic it probably isnt worth sticking in the recipe thread. It is just all the basics thrown in a pot and shoved in the oven for 1 and a half hours. I am not a garlic or pepper lover so it is quite plain, though I do like to season with basil and tarragon.

It is a gorgeous day here yet again, I cant believe the British weather this late summer/autumn. Work is progressing well on the allotment. Hope you all have a good day.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!