apple cider vinegar as an aid to loose weight

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Have any of you heard of this? I just did a quick search, and sounds kind of reasonable....

here is an article
I thought was interesting, I would like to know what you all think about this. It seems to me, I remember reading about the properties of Apple Cider vinegar..it's in the back of my mind somewhere, something I heard years and years ago. It seems now, they also have pills of it - funny isnt it?

Apple Cider Vinegar is produced from the fermentation of apples. Taken in small quantities, 15 - 20 minutes before main meals, Apple Cider Vinegar can help reduce appetite while promoting your body's fat burning potential.
Apple Cider Vinegar Contains:
· Lactic acid, amino acids, propionic acid, acetic acid, enzymes, potash and apple pectin
· Trace elements / Minerals - Phosphorous, calcium, sodium, fluorine, silicon, potassium, magnesium, iron, sulfur, chlorine and copper
· Vitamins - A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, Provitamin beta-carotene and Bioflavonoids
Apple Cider Vinegar is often quoted as having additional therapeutic benifits such as helping reduce cholesterol, enhance metabolism, fight infection and relieve athritic pain.
Pure Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe
You can purchase Apple Cider Vinegar from most grocery stores and by using the very simple recipe, administer your own Apple Cider Vinegar programme:

Apple Cider Vinegar Diet Recipe
Ingredients
· 2 tsp (10ml) Apple Cider Vinegar
· 1 tsp Sugar
· 1-4 oz (30ml - 120ml) Water
Instructions
· Boil water using kettle or saucepan
· Stir in sugar and dissolve
· Add Apple Cider Vinegar
· Allow to cool
· Consume 15 min before meal
what do you all think??? is it worth trying? I dont think it would hurt....

I did a google search,( http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/specex/msg091233111293.html?1) and one entry was a poster in the recipe forum of garden web, a lady had lost a good amount of weight and attributed it to the apple cider vinegar....

This message was edited Thursday, Oct 17th 12:25 PM

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!