Daily Support October 17

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

Good morning everyone! We had sun yesterday but it's raining today and the snow line is down to 1500 metres - it's coming!

Still no frosts though but the approaching snow and the time of year have got me thinking about pre-Christmas preparations - I don't want to undo all the good I've done but I want to have a traditional Christmas as it's not fair to push my weight problems on to my family. I've more or less decided not to make a Stollen (which I like) but to make a traditional Christmas Cake instead (which I don't like). The mince pies are likely to be my undoing - I shall have to be very strict with myself.

I did 4 hours gardening yesterday and then some yoga (to alleviate my digging muscles) and am remarkably un-stiff this morning - although, I slept in.

Our US friends have Thanksgiving to cope with before our Christmas blow out so shall we start a thread on ideas (and recipes) for low fat celebratory dishes?

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!