Chilean Jasmine Seeds

(Zone 5a)

My seed pods are joined at the ends, so do I wait for them to seperate or do I seperate them myself and how will I know when they are ready to pick? This is my first time growing this vine so I really don't know that much about it.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Wind, I think someone said they should turn brown before you pick them.

(Zone 5a)

Cala I kind of thought that you had to wait for them to turn brown but I didn't know if I was suppose to seperate the pods or just leave them alone? Here is what they look like.

Thumbnail by windsurffer
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Wind, I would just leave them alone till they ripen.

(Zone 5a)

Ok will do, thanks.

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

wind do you have to bring that Chilean Jasmine inside for winter?

they look like beans *LOL*
love it :)

(Zone 5a)

Oh yes, I am trying to root some now hope it works this time.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

What's chilean jasmine? (= botanical name) :O

(Zone 5a)

Oh Evert I am so surpised that you don't already know this one you little sneak as much as your in the PDB http://plantsdatabase.com/search.php?search_text=mandevilla+Laxa&Search.x=8&Search.y=14

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

My pink one had pods, but I couldn't bring that huge thing inside. Hated to give up on the pods, but had to be. This was the first year I had pods on mine. Was surprised to see what the seeds looked like, even in the green pod.

(Zone 5a)

Brugie this was a tiny plant when I bought it this year and this is my first experience growing it so all is new to me.
I am trying to root some now and if it works I will bring it in and if not I hope the seeds will have time to mature. I really love this plant and would like to have it in the graden next year without the Maypop Passion flower. I am beginning to hate the Maypop, it is everywhere in the yard and I can't seem to get rid of it.
I haven't seen the pink Jasmine vine but would love to have both, I think that would be beautiful to mix the white with pink.

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Oh it is Mandevilla. Of course I know Mandevilla, just couldn't think it was called chilean jasmine :)

(Zone 5a)

The Chilean Jasmine is white not sure how it got it's name.

Corinth, TX(Zone 7b)

Wind, what do you mean by "rooting"?

(Zone 5a)

To take clippings from a plant and root it in soil or water to get new plants.

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

I have the Chilian Jasmine. It grows outdoors here in Oregon, zone 9. I did take some pods off and they were green. I let them dry in a window and the seed was all good. It did take a long time to germinate, over a month, but it all came up. If you have the green pods, just let them dry. I am really looking for some other colors, if anyone has other than the creamy white, I would just LOVE to get some seed.
Rebecca

(Zone 5a)

I am sorry to say that this was last year and the ones I had were white and I don't have any seeds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.