Bulk spices - local food co-op if you have one!

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Does anyone else here go to the local food co-op for bulk spices? I've found the deals to be pretty good - I usually take in my old "schilling" spice container, have them weigh it, they offset the weight and just charge for the spice. It's amazing, was able to buy a $4 container of white pepper for less than a dollar and this is another small opportunity to recycle a container.

These tend to be higher quality spices - and that's one of the best ways I find to make food more interesting! :-)

Maybe it's an old trick that everyone here is familiar with, but it always leaves me with a good feeling when I compare the four dollar price tag still on the container and the 75 cents or a dollar on the new register receipt.

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!