Blackeyed Susan vine/Ipomoea

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

I grew Black Eyed Susan from seed and it was growing just fine...no blooms...but growing fine. Now it is at a stand still, the leaves look a little stiff around the edges...it's about 9 months old I guess. Anyone have any idea what it is doing? And my ipomoea!!!!! Is growing up my oak tree and gives off 10-12 beautiful purple blooms every morning....It should not be thriving like this in this heat, but it just got it into its head it was going and boom! It went. The main plant is in a hanging basket and it looks pitiful...if you didn't see the beautiful climbing branches you'd think I should pitch the basket. Do they do this? Ratty no leaves at the bottom and glourious branches climbing to the sky?

I have a challenge...I want to grow something different and we are just now coming into out great growing season. Bamboo? Heuchera (some did alright, some flat out gave up the ghost) same with foam flowers. And I have been gallantly keeping ergonium planum alive all summer in hopes they'd do something in fall. What should I grow????

Achimenes are looking a little peekid...think I should cut them back? OK now I need advice about to "collect." It's hard as when I got ferns guaranteed to thrive here in Florida, they did just grate until the HUMIDITY hit day AND night. These growers should bew more specific about heat and needing cool evenings. But our time of year is finally here and I will have Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, April and part of May. Have to start planning now and order some stuff before the northern folks quit shipping. Soooo....suggestions please!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

My Thunbergia was about 2 months old, started blooming and then spider mites killed it. I HATE THEM!!!!

(Zone 8a)

Since the weather has cooled down now my Black eyed susan vine is finally beginning to bloom! I think they like it cooler!

My pearly gates and heavenly blue mg's are like yours...rambling 12 ft in trees and blooming like crazy! I thought they had died! LOL

This message was edited Monday, Oct 14th 11:45 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.