tiG, Solanum wendlandii question

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

I was wondering if you had luck in rooting the Solanum wendlandii we talked about.
http://davesgarden.com/t/319010/

Carmen

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

hi Carmen, I haven't had a bit of luck. everytime I think I've got it, they kick the bucket. I'm wondering if it sets seeds, one of them is blooming real well right now. I don't know if this will take cutting back and digging up, don't know if seeds set if they would make it.
I'm sorry :(

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

tiG, I don't know if they make seeds.

I'm sorry that they did not take, Hope you did not cut it up to much to try for me.

hopefully one day I will find one.
thanks
Carmen
OHHHHHHH enjoy the blooms :)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm going to give them one more shot anyway. I am going to try and dig up to bring the plant it and i'll have to cut it back. I'll let you know if anything takes.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

TiG, this is important...only side branches taken off right at the main trunk will root easily. Use vermiculite, perlite or sand. Dip in rooting hormone, keep warm and moist not wet. A 6 inch cutting is perfect size.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I will get some more done this weekend, thanks so much for the info!!!! should have written and asked you how:)

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

OHHHHHHHH there could be a chance for me *LOL*
thanks cala for helping tiG out to help me out hehehe.

Forgot to mention, bottom heat is good. They should root really good right now, since late summer/early autumn is a good time to take cuttings.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I cut a couple of thick stems and stuck them in water. They're forming "lenticels" like a brug does :)

That's good to know too!! Poppysue, you've got the "magic touch" with rooting things in odd mediums.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Don't you think that the formerly flowering laterals strike the best? It's the same with roses....Elaine

I haven't ever gotten a rose to root, so will have to try the laterals.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Today I took cuttings of Solanum crispum Glasnevin - tip cuttings. I wish I had seen this earlier.

Liz, you're holding out on me. What is solanum crispum Glasnevin?

http://www.gcnursery.co.uk/pics/SolcrispG.jpg
Did not - I showed it to you - you're eyes were on brugs alone. A big vine - deep bluey purple with bright yellow eyes.

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

Liz,
If your cutting workes out, could I get one in spring please :)
it's so pretty,
Carmen

Too cool Liz, please, a cutting for me.

Will do my best Z + J - now I have to try lateral cuttings.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Laterals taken - now you can cross your fingers Cala.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

That looks like the one I have called 'Royal Robe'

It's one of the english ones - it got a Royal Horticultural Society award. ie - I guess they like it.

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Calalily, thank you SO much for saying you've never gotten a rose to root! That makes me feel so LESS dumb, 'cause you seem able to root any and everything! (I can't root roses, either, though.)

My aunt comes and takes pieces I've thrown away and gets plants from them. I do everything right and all I get is mush and mold and yuckie slime!!! I finally learned how to root jasmine, but still no success with roses.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.