Feathered mg's ready!

(Zone 8a)

For those who wanted them on the first post... give me an email for my addy soon please for I cannot renew my script for DG!

Happy Mg'ing!
Rebecca

This message was edited Friday, Oct 11th 11:06 PM

(Zone 5a)

You've got mail

(Zone 8a)

Thanks so much Windsurffer!!!!!! I emailed everyone this morning so if I missed someone please send me an email again!

Cheers!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Ima,

I have several magenta "feathered" Hige, as you do, and wonder if the size of yours is the same as mine -- about 2-2.5" across?

I expected them to be bigger. If yours are larger, I'd like to trade you for some seeds. I have seeds setting on a blue Ki-kyo (same as double blue picotee, I think), and I have a white Ki-kyo, but haven't seen seeds setting yet.

I am hoping for seeds from a lavender Ki-kyo that turned out to be a dwarf or was accidentally bonsai-ed or something. It grew only 1.5', with tightly spaced, smaller leaves. I made a little bamboo tripod for it and planted it in a 6" pot by my door. It didn't start blooming until the days began shortening -- like all my Japanese MGs -- but the blooms have gotten more and more dense.

Last week, it had 10 flowers (remember, it is only 18" long and wound around a little tripod). When it is a little cool or cloudy, the blooms stay open all day, and through the course of the day pass from lavender to purple to violet to magenta. I've been hand polinating the occasional singles -- only recently have some small moths taken some interest in the flowers.

If you have other Japanese MGs, or species MGs, that you can trade, I'd love to hear from you (or anyone else). I'd also be very interested if you know -- or anyone knows -- of any US sources for Japanese MGs (other than, say, Mt. Fuji mix or double picotees).

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Rik - I am headed to Japan next week and will be there for a couple of weeks and have arranged to go seed hunting with a DG'er in Japan. I offered to search on behalf of several folks and can include you on the list, if you would like. Not sure how successful I'll be, but it's worth a try!

Sandra

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi,
I think I asked you for some of your seeds earlier, so if you have any left, please drop me an email. I tried to email you from here, but it wasn't working for some reason.
Jackie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i tried to email you to-but the page wouldnt load! id like to try some too.

I would love to have some,Thanks
I tried to mail her also. Maybe
someone can send us her e-mail
addy or tell her we are trying
to reach her.

This message was edited Tuesday, Oct 22nd 10:36 PM

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Those of you who've been unable to reach Rebecca---write to me and I'll put her in touch with you. Just be certain that I can see your e-mail address.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

She can also be reached at GardenWeb under the same screen name without an intermediary.

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Quite true, Rik---and I wasn't trying to 'horn in' on anybody's business. Rebecca had asked me to place the above post here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.