Where to locate a source?

Warrenton, OR(Zone 8b)

Would anyone know of a source for Hardy Geranium plants in the USA? Being a Newbie to Hardy Geraniums I've yet to find a nursery with a decent selection through my search engine.

Teisha
teisha101@yahoo.com

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

This one seems good Teisha, but i have no personal experience - i'm sure others here will be able to help more.
http://www.geraniaceae.com/index.html

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

For another source see here http://www.thompson-morgan.com/seeds/us/list_g_4.html

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

sorry psilo but definitely not T&M who cant be trusted with their geraniums seeds as far as you can throw one!

They buy their seeds from people like me who have plants that are pollinated by bees so the parentage isnt known.

Robin Parer is the best person in the US to buy from but there is also a nursery in Canada who has a good collection.

Mark

Mark all seed companies produce seed from open pollinated stock. Why is Thompson and Morgen any different? I must admit I have never bought from them though, have you? Unless they are incorrectly named there can be alot of fun in growing geraniums from seed. Mostly you get what you expect, but occassionally you can also get quite a few nice surprises.

However Teisha, If you want to be sure of what you are buying then you will have to buy plants and as Philomel suggests Robin Parer has a very reputable nursery.

Ah I was wondering who Robin Parer was. That was who i suggested was it?
;-)

yes Philomel she is a very nice lady, fascinating to listen too and certainly knows alot about geraniums stateside.

I certainly like her website. It's been in my favourites for a while, very useful.

Wonder where Teisha's got to.......

What do you use it for Philomel. Just a spot of light reading or as further classification details? I know she demands a minimum order of $100 before she will dispatch to the UK.

Just as another reference psilo

Warrenton, OR(Zone 8b)

Sure glad I checked in tonight! For some reason I thought DG was going to notify me when there was a posting like GW does. You guys are great with all the input. Wondering though how to hook up with Robin Parer's website? And a special THANKS to "psilo" for information on dividing plants. Still need to get back to you on that. I'll be watching closer on you guys info on who to check out.

Teisha

any time teisha. Its always a pleasure to hear from a fellow enthusiast.

Teisha, the hyperlink in my first post above should take you straight there
:)

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

a bit late but I'll take it back.

you're better off buying/swapping plants wherever possible

Mark

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.