Gerddi's Low-Fat recipes

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

This is a thread to help people not only lose weight but become healthy and fit as well.

Many of the recipes are my adaptations from books so I apologise in advance to the various authors (where I've forgotten the source of the recipe) for my plagiarism!

Basically I reduce fat and add in vegetables and fruit - for example yesterday's baked potatoes were moistened with a chopped fresh, home-grown tomato instead of butter. Butter and oil are often added and need not be there, it's just habit.

However, we do need some fat (about 25 g per day) and the no-fat advocates are playing dangerously with their and your health.

I also make sure I have at least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables - these are filling and so take up the room you might otherwise fill with a fat-filled snack.

Feel free to add your own low-fat, high fruit and vegetable recipes - the more the merrier.

This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!