Hi Folks

Temecula, CA(Zone 9a)

Hello, my name is Guy. I'm a relative novice in the garden, but I hope to improve on that by visiting Dave's website and these forums often! I am an entomologist/biologist by trade, so if you are interested in some bug id's I may be able to help out on ocassion.

My garden interests (at the moment, anyway) include planting both ornamental and native plants to attract birds and insects to my yard here in southern California. I have a collection of Passiflora, which keep the Gulf Fritillaries around, and many assorted nectar resources for them and other insects including Lantana, Salvia, Buckwheat, Buddleia, etc. I have taken a recent interest in Brugmansia as well.

I look forward to future forum discussions with some of you!This Passiflora is blooming for the first time today!! I think it's P. mollissima, but I'm not sure. Cheers, -Guy

Thumbnail by Bugguy
Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Hi, Bugguy. Welcome to Dave's! Your interest in "bugs" will be appreciated here in the Garden. Unfortunately many of our posts about bugs fall the Garden Foes forum, but the Hummers and Butterflies forum offers explores more of the friendly relationship between garden, gardeners, and insects. I'll be looking forward to sharing information with you.

Hi, Bugguy, so nice to meet you. Am a novice in the garden, myself, and find that everyone here is warm, helpful and friendly. Welcome to DG.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Welcome Guy, from one Californian to the other. am sure u would love and enjoy being a member of DG forum. oh boy, would everyone love to have u around LOL! specially in the Brugmansia and Friends forum. Hang loose and jump right in.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Welcome Guy
DG is a great place.
You'll have to hook up with Tim who lives in Brandon, Fl.
He's our passaflora expert. He has some beauties.

Paul

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Welcome Guy. You sure will be an asset to us all
This is the greatest place you will ever encounter.
There are so many helpful people from all over the world..
I am Canadian..
When I first joined DG's I had never heard of or seen a Brugmansia..and now I have my first plant blooming..
I had never saved seeds..and now I can save some with the help of the kind people here telling me where and how to look...but I must warn you..being here on Dave's can be an addiction LOL
Cheers,
Carol

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Hi Bugguy! welcome - please come and help us out with mites on the brugmansia forum.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome Bugguy, we will have to introduce you to Bug_Girl, she lives in Ca also! I think you will love it here............ we dream big on this site.........

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Hi Guy,

Love the name. Guy was my grandfather's name. I hope we don't "bug" you to death, but I know I have a question for you. Will let you get acquainted with Daves before I start in. Have a great time. This is a great place. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Shirley

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I love bugs and it's great to have an expert here to help out!! I also love passifloras and yes, that's a molissima that you have a picture of. Come on over to the brug forum, we will be glad to meet you.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Welcome to DG Bugguy, in case you hadn't noticed we are a friendly bunch!! Those Brug people will have you well stocked within the month I am sure!!!!! Enjoy!!!!
sue

Crossville, TN

Welcome from Arizona bugguy! I won't let you rest...what do I do to get rid of these Mexican Generals (grasshopers/loctus) that are eating my gourds...and anything else they can get too? I brought my gourds in...too early I'm afraid. I'm rather new to the Southwest and have never had to deal with these monsters before!!! HELP!!! LOL Jo

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Hi Guy
I am new also but have heard many great things about Daves.
Welcome aboard

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

welcome Bugguy and Donna too, good to have you both here!

Welcome Guy and Donna.

Crossville, TN

Welcome DonnaB...are you near Glory??? Jo

Temecula, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome! It's obviously going to be fun to learn some new and interesting things here at Dave's, as well as getting to know many of you. Not to burst any bubbles, but I must repeat I am a novice gardener...That means I may not be able to solve many of your insect pest problems as they pertain to gardening, but I'll certainly try to identify anything...and if I know of a solution I will certainly be happy to provide my $0.02.

Happy Gardening!

Hi DonnaB, welcome to DG -- so glad you're here, it's a wonderful place.

Temecula, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Donna!
Welcome aboard to you as well.
It looks like fun, doesn't it?

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Hi Donna..
A big welcome to you.
This sure is the greatest place for gardeners to learn and share.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hello Guy and welcome to DG. I also live in So. Calif, Orange County. Our Zones are quite different from each others, even though we are only a few miles apart.

Watch out for those Brug people...they will entice you to dig up your whole yard, so you can plant lots of Brugs or Passifloras. hehe

Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Donna

ps, ya'll better watchout for all of us Californians, we are going to over take DG......lol

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Bugguy..is your name pronounced Gee???As in a French name?

As in Buggy??

Welcome to Daves!!

Kyle C. AKA Eclipse

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

never you mind that masked man above!!! he's a certified... ummmm....hmmm....I might want something.....nice guy! yes, that's it, he's a nice guy, Guy!! lol

Temecula, CA(Zone 9a)

I was born in Canada, my last name is French....drumroll please....but sorry to disappoint, it is not pronounced 'gee.' I'm just an ordinary guy! LOL

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Well, a bit of a belated welcome, Bugguy, but glad to have you here :)

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

welcome to you Guy..whoever you pronounce your name....
Hope you have fun here, I sure learned a lot. and I mean an awful lot.....

welcome Donna also you too will have fun here.

looking forward to seeing you all here

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Hi Guy, What a beautifull pic of your beautifull passiflora.
Welcome in DG!

Saya

Temecula, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Saya! It's amazing how much info I've picked up at Dave's in only 1 month here.

New York City, NY(Zone 6b)

Welcome to Dave's, BugGuy. I'm pretty new here myself (a couple weeks). Your going to find this a warm and friendly nexus on the web. I know a lot of us are going have questions about our local pests. You could probably set up shop here.

That's a gorgeous flower, by the way.

Adam.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.