Info on this, Shrub Daisy

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I was at a garden center yesterday with my sister and she saw a Shrub Daisy and just flipped over it!!!! It was about 5 ft tall and in the form of a tree. The tree's were $160.00 so I told her I would check with you guy's to see if any one had info on it!!!

I know she want's to put them out by her pool next year! Here is a link I found.
http://www.hatchettcreek.com/euryops.php
sue

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

ruby..sometime it is called the California Daisy..E.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

$160.00?
Wow, you can get those things around here for around 25.00 or so, in the tree form..I bought my 1 gallon size for $3.95 last year, and let it grow free form..
Larkie

ps..
Sue, got your postage..

This message was edited Wednesday, Oct 30th 5:57 PM

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

It really was a a cool looking tree, I will try to get my sis a couple next year!!!!!!

sue

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

WOW -- I jsut looked at the link and I think I have that shrub!! I got it at Franks Nursery no tag and it was just a bit smaller but not much than it is now.. I want to know how to winter it over in zone 7 Helppppppppp

Thumbnail by Happyoma
Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Happy that's a Euryops OK but I dont know which one. They cant take frost! so keep it somewhere like a frost free bright porch.

Happy your is E chrysanthemoides

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Well I can't move it to a sheltered porch as it is in a huge pot. I did take some softwood cuttings and hoping that they will root although not a sign of any growth yet. Any one know how I should take the cuttings. I jsut stuck them in water. Thanks for the ID on this plant.

it's too late to take cuttings. they should be done in September when there is still enough warmth for the to root.

How big is the pot in diameter?

rooted in a free draining compost

more info as I think while drinking some coffee.

reduce the rootball to the size of a kids football, prune hard back to 2 inches from the main stem, repot into a pot slightly bigger than the rootball and then bring it in to a frost free porch which stays just above freezing. if you keep it any warmer, unless in a warm greenhouse the new growth will be too soft and prone to disease.

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

I am going to try all the above and I will post in the spring should there be any sign of life!!LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.