Clytostoma callistegiodes

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

gosh, I hope I've spelled this correctly...Today I acquired a vine of this name...we have someone on this forum who grows it....I remember! the flower has the scent of bubble-gum! and the flower is almost the very same as a Streptocarpus! Can you tell me some more about it, please Elaine******I'll go over to the Plant Database

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Elaine,
I have a vine I believe is the same as yours. I have had it many years, lives outside and has not died back yet. It is really growing now but has never had too many blooms. Check this link and see if we have the same vine.
http://davesgarden.com/t/226150/Clytostoma%20c
Connie

that's it, Weeds.........the flower has the scent of bubble-gum! and the foliage resembles that of a Wisteria vine..

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

We have a big one of these at work. It is covered in blooms in the spring. It is evergreen. The rest of the summer it has sparse blooms. It is very pretty though not a favorite of mine.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I like it because it is evergreen in my zone. So many vines are not.

well, Weeds, I hope this one is evergreeninside my garden room!!!! it is a beauty! thankyou.......happy growing! Elaine

Weeds, I've been browsing on the Plant Database this morn..and carefull comparing the vine I just purchased and the Clytostoma on your site! I own the Podranea ric.....(because of the Wisteria formed foliage, and the blooms are pink, not purple....) your foliage on the Clys. are entirely different..I'm going to forward this on to the Nursery, now...as they have more plants of mine! Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.