Terrible Ending.....

Crossville, TN

I have spent all season taking care of my gourds, only to have some critters come along and EAT on them. Some say they are these terrible grasshoppers we are having now....some say it is the night roaming Javelinas ((Peccary)http://www.fonz.org/zoogoer/zg1996/zgdig.htm . What ever they are I am just sick. I didn't have many, and now I have less...so any that I promised a Swan Gourd to...please forgive me for not being able to fullfil that promise. I will probably have some seeds to share though.

I was advised to go ahead and cut them....which I have, and put them on my screened porch.......I hope some of them dry! :( Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sorry to here that. If we can figure out how we can give you all you need. We have tons!
These we offered at market today.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Crossville, TN

Those are great...are you going to use any for crafts? I'm going to post a picture soon of some of my little Coyote Melons decorated...too depressed tonight!! I want all on that table!! LOL Jo

(Zone 5a)

Don't worry about it RR, I understand and wanted you to know that you didn't owe me one just because I shared the seeds with you. I do hope that you have at least one or two to keep for yourself.
I still have plenty of seeds left, so next year I will be planting them and letting them grow on the ground so I can get the curve in the neck, the ones I have arn't that bad.

This message was edited Sunday, Oct 6th 12:44 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.