SugarShow - Episode 8 -:- Weebles wobble and DON'T get up :(

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Some not so good news ~ Sugar's been down since this morning. BUT she's still eating and moving around trying to get up, so all is not lost yet.

I left around 10am to take Mom and Dad to their doctor's appointments and noticed her laying down. We got back at 6pm and I noticed she was still down in the same place. I called the vet out and they left about an hour ago ~ tubed her to get some water, electrolytes and "go-juice" they called it (a glucose gel). They took some blood and I'm waiting on them to call with the results of the tests they're going to run tonight.

We talked over what all could be done for her and I told them, "Do whatever you need to do to help her. We've got a grand to spend on her. When that runs out, let us know so we can sell something." ;) Ahh, the life of a cattleman. They said the worst case scenario wouldn't be near that much so I heaved a big sigh of relief. They'll be back in the morning with hip-lifters to attach to the Bobcat so we can get her up. Then we'll trailer her to the vet's office I imagine. We talked over inducing her to get this over with. They'll palpate internally and see if that's a good idea. Man, I hope so! If she's so big she can't get up anymore then SOMETHING needs to happen, bless her heart.

If they do induce, then Butterbean just may be born Sunday or Monday at the vet's office! I wish I could be there, but Monday will be the dreaded day for Kenny's colonoscopy and Sunday he'll be taking the Liquid Plumber to clean out his pipes. :( But I'll be happy if Sugar and the baby are healthy!! I'll be carrying both cell phones around constantly and will know how the fathers back in the '50s felt. LOL!

This thread has 43 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!