Black Gold

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

This pile is about half of what I received as a gift... 2 pick-up loads (nearly 4 cu. yds!) of composted manure! I am so excited... and I can already hear my garden saying, "Oh, Yes... Finally!"

Thumbnail by darius
Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

what a lucky deal. I have to take my trailer, pitchfork and gas mask to get manure then compost it myself while holding the neighbors off with a loaded gun!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow, Darius! I'm jealous ;0) (You must admit it's kinda funny how gardeners and non-gardeners would view this gift!)

Thanks, gv.... I didn't think this photo would get much exposure, hidden here in the Soil forum. I haven't spread much of my "gold" but need to get it done before the ground freezes. It was still a tad "hot" when I got it.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

When it's just still a tad hot, it sure makes it harder to move. I tried to move some hot stuff one cool blustery day. I started out bundled up, ended up almost in my shirts sleeves.... but oh my what great stuff it will be!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Great gift! Yep, gardeners are funny. Did you get it all spread? I remember a load of fresh chicken manure I got one fall and had to leave in my pickup for about 3 days before I had time to unload it. My downwind neighbor came over and asked what that smell was. He gardened with chemicals and didn't know the real thing when he smelled it. He was sure it would kill my garden. He had heard that manure would burn plants and didn't know it ever cooled off. He is one that would not have appreciated such a gift as yours Darius.

Mine isn't all spread even yet. Maybe when the days get warmer, LOL. At least it has no smell!

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

good to see you again darius

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

i've got one working that is about 23 that size it is have rabbit balls and three year cold composted hay now if iget time to get it on in the next two or three weeks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.