daily support, Sept. 29

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi there! I'm still kicking. I have had the ultrasound (and yet another painful mammogram) but still don't know the results. I was really quite unwell for almost 2 weeks, but now feel a lot better. Between my injured back, tachycardia and this cancer scare, I've been quite down. Yesterday, I suddenly felt like my old self again and worked in the yard. I got back into my back exercises again, too.
I really, really, fell off the wagon badly, and bought a half gallon of ice cream and ate it in 3 days. I guess it's true what they say about comfort foods...
Last night I made a casserole with chicken and sweet peppers in a sauce with mushrooms. It wouldn't have been too fattening if I had skinned and deboned the chicken but I didn't so it was a bit greasy. I am taking the leftovers and remaking them into a soup using chicken broth and skimmed milk.
I read through the past 5 days of support postings and want to thank all of you for your kind wishes. I am past the terrified stage, more to the resigned state.
Not resigned to cancer, but to the idea of: what will be, will be.
In one of the support threads, psilo asked if any of the diets ever worked. I think Weight Watchers is very good and works, but they have gotten too expensive. I still think the thing to do is count fat grams. If you count fat, you will also cut down on sweets as they are usually high in fat too.....

This message was edited Monday, Sep 30th 8:13 AM

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!