Butterfly Eggs

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Not sure which butterfly. This picture was taken at Arlene's where the cats are allowed almost free rein to eat and become butterflies

Thumbnail by Floridian
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

That plant will be cat dinner soon!! I've got the fuzzy cats eating my brugs and the Frits eating my passifloras. They sure are hungry little critters. I've finally talked DH into leaving the mourning cloaks alone to eat a few pansies.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I got a picture of a Zebra Longwing laying eggs so we can safely assume that these are ZLW
http://davesgarden.com/fp.php?pid=372124

edited to put in the proper link

This message was edited Monday, Sep 30th 11:19 AM

This message was edited Monday, Sep 30th 11:19 AM

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

WOW, what great pictures you have. Do you have a fancy camera? My closeups blur.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Kell, I do close ups like this. I stand as far from my subject as I can and then zoom in as much as possible. (this gives the blurred background and sharp focus on the subject) If you are zoomed in and your picture is still blurry move back and forth til it clears. Sometimes the light causes out of focus too, so if the previous doesn't work try circling around so the light comes from a different direction. HTH, and even more I hope it makes sense!

I will have to try that. I have the most trouble taking not close ups(didn't know what to call them) because the camera tries to focus on one thing like a bloom, and then the rest is blurry.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Cala, if I understand correctly your camera tends to focus close up rather than a whole picture in focus? If this is so, it is probably a function (program) on your camera. You may want to try to find the 'landscape' program. Best thing to do and the way I learned, was like Poppysue, take the same picture using all the different camera functions. You'll see then which works best. Thank goodness for digital and being able to do that!

Floridian, yes that's the problem. I will look and see if it's got a landscape program. It takes great close-ups, but uses a separate lens for close-ups. I've cleaned the lenses and everything, so now I will check out the software.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.