Grand Duke of Tuscany

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

This is a very fragrant jasmine. It's got one double bloom over an inch across right in the top of the stem. I couldn't get the camera to focus on the white of the bloom, it kept wanting to focus on the green leaves.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

LOVE it!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I'm sure it looks even better in person. Bet that smell is wonderful. I gave my only jasmine to Kyle. Couldn't take the flowers all over the bay window when they dropped and last year I had problems with mites in it. Getting Avid for this year. Cala, can it be used on everything?

Brugie, yes, I've not had anything that it hurt. It will have a list on the label of anything you can't use it on. Be sure to read the whole thing.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Cala. Most of my concern was to find something that would get the mites. Snow said that you, I believe, suggested that she get Avid.

I use it all the time, love it. Wear a mask, and follow the directions to a "t".

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Okay, will do. Thanks.

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

Cala, that's one of favorite jasmines, the scent is intoxicating!!! But for some reason I just can;t keep them alive :(

BJT, the jasmines like heat, lots of it. I use bloom booster fertilize on them since they don't like high nitrogen. In the winter I keep them much drier and let them rest. Wet feet in the winter can kill them. Grand Duke isn't as vigorous as Maid Of Orleans, but it's worth it when it blooms.

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

When I keep them in the house during the winter, they seem to just dry up and die, maybe not enough humidity??? I even keep them on a pepple tray with alittle water in it. I saw Maid of Orleans for sale at a greenhouse today, almost got, but changed my mind, I really killed alot of them!!! Thnak you for the advise Cala!!
Becky

Becky, inside they are very suceptable to spider mites. You might want to spray with alcohol and water 1:1 with a squirt of dish soap in it, be sure to get the undersides of the leaves.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.